BEHAVING LIKE MY BOSS FROM HELL


Disney Pixar - The Incredibles 2
When children don't want to admit they are wrong, they stomp their foot on the ground. Well, today I was stomping both feet in a conversation with my mum about how I treat other people. And guess what, a heavy metal bar fell on my foot just now. Maybe I have to admit I was wrong.


I was always a loner, failing and succeeding on my own. When I have a goal, the goal is all I can see. Not the people. Hence all my teaming attempts failed miserably. Now being afraid to fail and get rejected by my future teammates, I choose to be on the outside from the start. I count on people in power to give me opportunities.
Not so long ago I had a terrible year. I spent it working for a person who was sweet, attentive, and thoughtful to people above; and impatient, disregarding, and forever-disappointed in anyone else.
I suffered. I couldn't do what I was good at, did what was not my strength and as expected delivered mediocre results. Only proving her right. I left feeling crushed. But at least I had the courage to leave. 

Surprisingly enough, as I am observing myself and describing my own behaviour to my mum, I notice a lot of similarities to somebody I ultimately do not respect. 

So here is my message to the Planet: I want to change and be better. What is my next step?